spring break tips
Spring break is the perfect time to catch up on all the things you have been meaning to do, spend quality time with your family and friends and even start planning for your upcoming summer events. Here at New in Lynchburg, we have compiled some of our best spring break tips and ideas to help you make the most of this much needed break from your regular routine!
Spring is finally here!
Whether you have planned a getaway vacation out of town or are staying right here in Lynchburg, there are a few things you should be sure to remember:
- Luckily it is becoming warmer and warmer out each day, so be sure to use plenty of sunscreen to protect you and your family from the sun!
- Despite the warm weather and sunshine during the days, it is important to remember to be prepared with a jacket or sweater for evening activities when the sun sets and the temperatures drop.
- Pictures, take them! Make sure not to forget your camera so you will be able capture and remember all of the memories you're creating this spring break.
- This year, make an effort to focus on your family, friends, and be present! Put down your phone, shut your laptop and reduce your screen time this spring. Make a point to do activities without the distractions of electronics and enjoy the world and people around you!
While it may seem early to already be thinking about summer since spring is just beginning, it is never too soon to begin planning for your summer activities and vacations. Make sure you do not wait until the last minute to book your summer vacations so you can make the most of the deals and offers.
Whether you are leaving town now for spring break or looking ahead, it is important to make sure that someone else knows where you are traveling for safety reasons.
- Students! Your student ID has the potential to save you money this spring break by giving you access to various deals and discounts, so don't forget to bring it along on your trip!
- Make a checklist: help ensure that you don't forget anything that you will need while you are away.
- Of course if you are leaving the country, don't forget your passport!
- Make sure you travel prepared with all the cash, credit cards and vacation money that you will need.
- Like we said earlier, packing for both warm and cooler weather is important...and if you are going to the beach, don't forget your bathing suit!
Remember, you don't have to leave Lynchburg to go on vacation this spring. A staycation is an affordable option and a great time to explore the city for new and fun things to do. Check out some ideas for how you and your family can create your own vacation right here in Lynchburg!
- If you're bored, feel free to do some spring cleaning! That'll take up some of your time!
- If the weather is nice, get outside and go on a hike! Lynchburg, VA is surrounded by beautiful hikes all around us- so go on an adventure this spring.
- Stay home and enjoy a game night with your family and friends or try one of our other family fun ideas!
- Save some money and check out one of the many things to do in Lynchburg, VA for free.
- Check out some of our day trips and spring break trips for ideas of places to check out in Lynchburg, or nearby, if you need to get out of town for the day!
- Make it a point to try at least one new thing in Lynchburg during your staycation! There's so many restaurants, places to visit and things to do- why not get out of your comfort zone for a day or two.
WHATEVER YOU DO: MAKE SURE TO HAVE FUN!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for upcoming events, local deals, what's new in Lynchburg, and of course more weekly content such as this!